What’s On Tonight: And suddenly TV is back, with Galavant leading the charge
Here’s what’s up in the world of TV for Sunday, January 4th. All times are Eastern.
Galavant (ABC, 8 p.m.): There is very little explaining this season’s weirdest new show Galavant! (exclamation point ours), so here are the facts:
- Galavant! is a series set in a medievalish fairy tale world featuring original songs from Disney veterans Alan Menken and Glenn Slater;
- Galavant! is the brainchild of Dan Fogelman, creator of the late alien sitcom The Neighbors and Tangled;
- Galavant! is also the name of the dashing white guy protagonist;
- Galavant! is airing two episodes back-to-back tonight, because ABC realized it had no earthly clue how to market Men In Tights: The Television Series;
- Galavant! could either be an awkward disaster on a community theater level or a hilarious joy. For professional opinions on the matter, we turn to our an overarching TV Review from …